Thursday, September 3, 2009

Westin


The Westin in Maui is freaking nice. It’s located on the beach of Kaanapali. They’ve got an awesome waterslide and 4 different pools. I got up at 6am this morning and had breakfast with my family. After, breakfast, I headed to the beach and swam in the warm, clean, blue ocean then hung out at the pool. While at the pool, I raced a friend of mine for the fastest time down the waterslide and won. My Prize - a free cocktail! Drinks started at 10 am. Pic above is my Godson – Nico.

On the way back to my room I saw a gentleman in the lobby conducting a free Basic Ukulele Class. He also provided the Ukes for the lesson. I joined in and strummed along as he instructed a few keys. With the few keys he instructed, we played a few songs. I told the instructor I have a Student Ukulele at home in which he then asked if I wanted to take a look at the one he was using. I eagerly said yes. His Ukulele is double stringed and had a real deep tone to it. I asked how much his Uke is and he said $1500.