Friday, September 11, 2009

Last Night & 2 Pints




Posted for September 8, 2009
I went to eat at Mama’s Fish House in the city of Paia. It’s about an hour drive from Kaanapali/Lahaina. I ordered their special dish of the day: Moi Moi with mangoes, lychee, and vegetables in a black bean sauce. It was fantastic! After enjoying my meal I headed to Guri Guri in the Maui Mall. Guri Guri is a little shop that sells snacks and 2 flavors of their homemade frozen treat. With only 2 choices, I ordered a scoop of each – strawberry and pineapple. I killed both scoops of the Ice Cream/Shave Ice mixture and purchased 2 pints right after to bring back at the hotel to share with my family. I hung out pool side at the hotel. When in Maui, one must get this! Cost for the two scoops - $1.10.


With my last night in Maui, my family and I wanted to take it easy. We stayed at the hotel and had dinner at their restaurant - Ono - similar to what we did on the first night. The restaurant is situated in a large open outdoor area that faces the pool and ocean