Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Shorter Layover



Posted for September 2, 2009
I got to the airport at 7:30 am for my flight to Honolulu with a connecting flight to Maui to follow. It turns out my flight was delayed till 11am which mean my layover will be significantly shorter. Flash back:

A couple weeks ago I received an email notice stating my reservation on my plane tix had changed. I called the airlines and they had told me that my connecting flight from Honolulu to Maui had been cancelled and was rescheduled to 5pm; so they went ahead and changed my itinerary to:

Leave SFO to Denver at 7am
Denver to Honolulu
Leave Honolulu at 5 for Maui

My original flight was:
SFO to Honolulu at 9am
Honolulu to Maui at 2:10

I told them that I’d like to keep my 9am flight. Why the heck would I want to go to Denver then to Honolulu? That didn’t make sense to me at all. They responded with, “You would have a shorter layover in Honolulu.” I then told them I don’t mind waiting at the airport. I’d rather be at the airport then taking a longer flight path.”