Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pontian and Asian Gorilla Juice


Posted for January 25, 2012
After work, I had dinner at the Marina Parade Hawker center. It’s located directly across the street from the hotel. I went to a Stall called Pontian. It was Hella good. Chili and Black sauce with pork and Bok Choy, 2 fried wontons, and Asian egg noodles that had a bite like Italian pasta. It was also served with 2 more wontons in a clear vegetable broth on the side. Total cost for the meal.. $2.20 SGD. Next to the stall was a juice stand. I had Star Fruit Juice to go along with my meal. Star fruit – found in Asia - tastes similar to a green apple.



After dinner, I went back to the hotel. Not being able to find Ice Machines, I went to the Lobby bar and asked for a cup of ice. I still had my cup of Star Fruit Juice, but most of the ice had melted and it had diluted the last of my drink, which measured about 3 spoons. With the hamster wheel turning in my brain, I came up with an idea of creating a new variation of Gorilla Juice. For those who don’t know what Gorilla Juice is, it’s taking a new 40oz bottle of Olde English Malt Liquor Beer (OE) and topping it with Orange Juice. With the ice obtained from the bar at the lobby, I took a few cubes and put in the cup with the diluted Star Fruit Juice, then filled it with the OE. Baddah Bing, Asian Gorilla Juice.