Saturday, May 8, 2010

Breakfast at the Port


It feels good to sleep in. For me - sleeping in means getting up at 7:30am (I usually get up for work at 5am). As soon as I got up, I got ready and headed to the Ferry Building in SF for some breakfast. After scoping the scene, I chillaxed on a bench facing Treasure Island for about two hours enjoying a pastrami sandwich, coke, Salumi cone, and coffee. The eastern winds was blocked by the Ferry Building making it a nice and warm spot with a fantastic view overlooking the east bay.



The Pastrami sandwich was just ok (it definitely isn't comparable to Katz Deli in NY), but their homemade mustard made it tasty. The Salumi cone from Boccalone was overpriced, but delicious (the Salumi is a bunch of cured meats that range from prosciutto to salami). There were tons of tourists and locals hanging out. A great spot to people watch and soak in the morning rays and sea breeze. After lounging on the bench, I walked around a bit more and came across a cooking demo held by the Executive Chef from the Hyatt SF. He prepared scallops with a puree made from asparagus, fava beans, butter, and other vegetables. It smelled good and looked good.

After watching the cooking demo, I headed over to the Embarcadero where I parked my car. On my way I saw some kids on a skateboard getting excited as they approached the area. With San Francisco being a Mecca for Skateboarding I can understand their excitement. I got flashbacks of my high school years when my friends and I hung out at the Embarcadero to skate. Since then, citations are being giving for Skateboarding in the area.