Saturday, November 27, 2010

Black Friday: First Session



Some people like to stay home on Black Friday and do nothing. Others enjoy the shopping and gripe about the long lines. Myself, on Black Friday, I enjoy the lines at a Ski Resort. It’s been a few years since I’ve gone snowboarding on Thanksgiving weekend – due to insufficient snow. This year was different and awesome. I ended my snowboarding season last year at Montana’s Big Sky Resort on their last day and I began this year’s snowboarding season at Alpine Meadow on their opening day - November 26. They had awesome snow. On the first run, I knocked the cobwebs out of my system by trying to grab some air from a small kicker and crashed into a friend of mine by taking his legs out. Not major though.

After the morning session, I was hungry and thirsty by noon – 12:08 to be exact. Typical style of what I like to do, I ended up kicking back with a few shots and beers till 3pm. I enjoyed two more runs before I called it a day.