Sunday, April 18, 2010

Yellow Stone


I went to Yellow Stone National Park yesterday and found it truly amazing. If you’re a nature buff, this is a definite must place to go to. They just opened up the roads earlier this week. In addition because it’s Natural Forrest Week, the entrance was free. The standard fee to get in the park with a vehicle is $25.

So after a 2 hour drive from Bozeman, I got to the park.: my Sanyo HD camera and Panasonic LX2 on hand and ready to go – so that’s what I thought. As I got the North side entrance, I came a across a gate with an induction plaque from Roosevelt. I started to take pictures with my LX2 and noticed that the memory card was full. Craps! I forgot to unload the memory card before I left my hotel. So, I turned around and headed back to the nearest store, which luckily is right by the entrance. I purchased a new SD and was good to go.

First stop, the Terraces. Mid way through taking pictures at the Terraces my LX2 turned decided to turn shut down – yep, I didn’t charge the battery last night either. GREEEEEAT! I though about it the night before but figured I had enough power to last me all day – nawt! At least I my Sanyo! So, I purchase a new SD card for nothing, but at least, I’ve got another card for back up. Replacing the ones that I had stolen in Argentina a few months back.

Any case, with at least one camera working I was able to capture some stuff from Yellow Stone’s Natural wonders such as the Terraces, Geysers, Wild Life, and Terrain.